Boulder Prenatal Pilates
Our certified teachers take great care to ensure your safety and with each changing trimester, modifications will be given to support you with your changing body.
Pilates does a great job of strengthening and creating resiliency in the body. We feel that Pilates is the best exercise a woman can do to prepare herself for the demands of labor, and then tending to her new born child.
We suggest that students NEW to Pilates should be at least 14 weeks pregnant.
If you have a group of 3-5 women who all want to commit to doing a weekly class, we are very open creating a class for your group. Please email or text or call 303-444-2739 with specific questions and requests.
If our regularly scheduled Boulder Prenatal Pilates Class does not work with your schedule, we welcome you to call us directly to discuss your needs as we may be able to put you in another group class that would still allow us to make modifications specific to your trimester. All of classes are semi-private with only 4-5 students so we can assure your needs will be met.
Benefits of Exercise for the Pregnant Woman
Did you know that pregnant women who exercise regularly tend to have shorter, less complicated labors and that regular, moderate exercise is beneficial not only to the mother, but also to the unborn baby? Here are some of the awesome benefits for the mother:
Women who participate in regular, moderate exercise for at least 20 minutes, 3–5 days per week, throughout their pregnancies:
- Tend to have shorter and less complicated labors, and less need for medical intervention.
- Have more energy during their pregnancies and recover faster following delivery.
- Return to their pre-pregnancy weight sooner than less active woman.
- Gain less weight during pregnancy.
- Tend to experience an improved body image, enhanced self-esteem and a general sense of well being.
- Experience less tension, anxiety and fatigue than less active women.
- Experience a decrease in common discomforts of pregnancy.
- Maintain cardiovascular fitness.
- Increase muscular strength.
- Experience fewer colds and other respiratory viruses.
Who wouldn’t want just a few of these benefits to be true? Labor is a strenuous and physically demanding event that should be trained and prepared for just like any other race or physical activity in your life.
If you are new to Pilates and/or you have any injuries, we highly encourage you to sign up for 3 private lessons before enrolling into any of our group classes.
BoulderBodyworks has been selected Best of Boulder for Pilates six years running: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, & 2015.
We are delighted to answer any questions that you may have and look forward to seeing you soon at BoulderBodyworks!